We’re proud to announce that the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge recently named Central Oregon Truck Company as one of the 20 Best Fleets to Drive For ® in the United States.
The 6th annual survey and contest identifies for-hire trucking companies that provide the best workplace experiences for their drivers.
The criteria for being named to this list is noted in the official press release:
“The nomination process began in the fall of 2013, when company drivers and owner operators were asked to nominate carriers that operate 10 trucks or more. After confirming the validity of the nominations and the trucking companies’ desire to participate, CarriersEdge interviewed human resources representatives and executives of the nominated fleets about their corporate direction, policies, and programs.
Nominated fleets were evaluated against a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, such as:
- Total compensation package – including base pay, bonuses, vacation, and sick day allotment
- Health benefits
- Pension plans
- Professional development opportunities (training, coaching programs, etc.)
- Career path/advancement opportunities
- Commitment to employee personal growth, including work/life balance, driver family support, and employee-directed charitable contributions
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including dispute resolution processes and inclusion of driver feedback in policymaking
- Team building and driver community development activities
- Annual driver turnover rate and efforts to improve
- Fleet safety record
A selection of each fleet’s drivers was also surveyed, with their feedback compared to management’s and incorporated into the final score. The responses were then tallied, resulting in the selection of this year’s winners and honorable mentions.”
Central Oregon Truck Company’s inclusion in this list illustrates and confirms their relentless commitment to providing one of the best workplaces in the trucking industry. They now take their place along with fellow Daseke companies, Boyd Brothers (2010 overall 1st place., Top 20 – 2011, 2012) and WTI Transport (Top 20 – 2011, 2012, 2013) as award recipients.
Congratulations to Central Oregon Truck Company for this industry acknowledgement of their place as one of the premier flatbed carriers in the U.S.