By: Jeff Crissey
Bison Transport and Central Oregon Truck Company (COTC) were named the overall Best Fleets to Drive For by the Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge during TCA’s 2018 Annual Convention in Orlando, Fla. The companies received the recognition based on their comprehensive programs to create positive work cultures through compensation packages, operational strategy, career development and work-life balance, among other factors.
“These fleets continue to set new standards for the driver experience at North American trucking industry,” said Jane Jazrawy, CEO of CarriersEdge, of the the 20 finalists in the 2018 Best Fleets program. “With an average turnover rate under 40 percent and an average driver satisfaction level over 90 percent, they are clearly seeing results from their efforts.”
Winnipeg, Manitoba-based Bison Transport (1,456 tractors) won the award in the large carrier category that also included:
- American Central Transport, Kansas City, Mo.
- Challenger Motor Freight, Cambridge, Ontario
- Erb Grou, New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Fremont, Neb.
- Halvor Lines, Superior, Wis.
- Maverick Transportation, North Little Rock, Ark.
- Nussbaum Transportation, Hudson, Ill.
- Prime Inc., Springfield. Mo.
- TLD Logistics Services, Knoxville, Tenn.
Redmond, Ore.-based COTC (314 tractors) received the award in the small fleet category that also included:
- Boyle Transportation, Billerica, Mass.
- FTC Transportation, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Garner Trucking, Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express, Grand Island, Neb.
- Keller Logistics Group, Defiance, Ohio
- Motor Carrier Service, Northwood, Ohio
- Smokey Point Distributing, Arlington, Wash.
- TransPro Freight Systems, Milton, Ontario
- Veriha Trucking, Marinette, Wis.
Read this article on Commercial Carrier Journal.